Comment by The AQK Team on July 3, 2017
Island Life: How To Create A Masterpiece Kitchen Island
Are you ready for Island life? No, we’re not talking about the Caribbean. We’re talking about kitchen islands!
Kitchen islands have been the centerpiece of the American kitchen since before America was even a country! They’re a beautiful tradition that makes the kitchen more functional and family-friendly. Nearly every kitchen can fit an island, and there’s no doubt about the fact that they only add to a kitchen’s look and functionality!
So here’s what you need to know about kitchen islands:
Types of kitchen islands:
There’s lots of different types of kitchen islands. No matter what you need and what your family wants, there is a perfect kitchen island for you!
There are islands designed for:
- Creating more workspace. This is for crafty cooks and bakers who need all the space they can get to perfect their culinary creations.
- Adding storage. These islands add shelves, cabinets, and drawers so you can get all the storage space you need!
- Dining. If you need the perfect informal area where the family can gather to eat, snack, and bond, then this is it!
- Cooking Add an extra range, cooktop, or sink to your island so that you can feed your hungry family quicker and easier!
What can you put into a kitchen island?
We get this question a lot. People are investing in a new piece of their kitchen and they want to get the most out of it! So here are some other addons that kick things up a notch:
- A wine fridge
- Appliance cubicles
- Pet station
- Open shelves (great for storing cookbooks)
Ready for island life?
Ready to embrace the island mentality? If you want the heart of your home to be more functional and inviting, a custom kitchen island is the best way to do it. So give us a call and we’ll get started!